29 Nov 2013
How to know if you qualify for a course offered by a Malaysian public university
Published: November 25, 2013
UPU application for public universities can be complicated but it is possible to get the university you want, provided you make the necessary preparations. You can find out by using a programme review system called imascu (Intelligence Management and Admission System Checking). Provided by UPU for SPM, STPM and matriculation students, the site helps check your eligibility for various programmes (foundation, diploma and degree).
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use this system:
1. Go to imascu.upu.mohe.gov.my. On the home page, click “disini untuk membuat semakan syarat”. The system will ask for your personal details: MyKad no., name, mobile phone number and email, as well as your education qualification:
3. If you’re an SPM leaver, the system will ask you to choose the papers you took and the corresponding grades (see photo below). Trial results can also be used.
4. If you’re an STPM leaver, you’ll be asked to put in the subjects you took and the corresponding grades. The system will also ask for your MUET band.
5. Choose the public university you wish to apply (see image below):
6. Click continue to view results. A check (√) mark means you qualify for this programme whereas a (x) mark means you do not qualify for the programme.
7. In case you’re not sure which programme to choose, the system also has a career test. There is no time limit for this online test and users just need to honestly answer the questions by choosing either “true or false”.
If you have more questions, ask us at www.afterschool.my/ask